Saturday, January 01, 2011

Begin to Pay Today

Today your gas tax in Oregon goes up 0.06 per gallon. While this may notseem like much, consider folks in rural area, or people who can't afford new highly efficient vehicles. This regressive tax hurts lower income housholds, typically familys with more children, who drive less efficient vehicles. News reports claim the average consumer pay an additinal $35 per year in gas tax, but I can tell you that based on my math and my family it will be more like $100 per year. I commute to work, I drive the kids to various activities, and I enjoy taking my family on recreation in the summer, or to the mountain in the winter. This all stimulates our economy but I am sure as I second guess filling up the tank for a pleasure cruise, so will other Oregonians. Raising any taxes is bad for the economy, raising gas taxes is bad for familys, and bad for Oregon. This snuck up on me, as it may be a surprise to you as well. Let your local representitve know your displeasure with them.

VOTED YES…to massive gas tax hike, yes to hurting jobs and hurting middle class:Alan C Bates-D,Suzanne Bonamici-D, Ginny Burdick-D, Margaret Carter-D, Peter Courtney-D, Richard Devlin-D, Jackie Dingfelder-D, Larry George-R, Mark Hass-D , Betsy Johnson-D,Rick Metsger-D, Laurie Monnes Anderson-D, Rod Monroe-D, Bill Morrisette-D, Frank Morse-R, David Nelson-R, Floyd Prozanski-D, Diane Rosenbaum-D, Martha Schrader-D, Bruce Starr-R, Chris Telfer-R, Joanne Verger-D, Vicki L Walker-D , Jackie Winters-R
Posted by Picasa

No comments: