Monday, January 23, 2006

Picture Simplicity


It's time for another Google Goldmine plug, and no, I don't own any stock
(Yet, it's too expensive!)In this post, let me boast about Picasa, Google's free photo organizer. If you trust me here, get rid of whatever program came with your digital camera right now. I am pretty sure it's CRAP! See, all the camera makers from Canon to Kodak, include a program to monkey around with your pictures. The problem is, you can spend hours trying to figure out how to resize an image for email, and screw up all your original images in the process. If you edit down all those pixels you paid for in your $400 digital camera, you will never be printing a glossy 8x10 photographic masterpiece.
With Picasa, you can rotate, crop, re-size, and brighten your images in a cartoonish, yet sophisticated interface, CLICK, CLICK, BOOM, your done! And the beauty is, now you can view, email, or upload pics to your blog as fast as you can snap'em, yet all your originals are untouched on your hardrive until you choose to export your edits. This by the way, is perfect for websites, MySpace, or Powerpoint, when you don't need those monsterous files, size them down with export, yet keep the original for future enlargements. Give it a try, and for a limited time, I am providing, from my own pocket, a double your money back guarantee. Because it's free dumbass! JK Get it here but first, a note: During install, it will ask you what to scan, your whole computer, or just your My Pictures file. Select My Pictures, unless you wanted to organize all that microsoft clipart you never use. Feel free to email me if you need a hand with it, Picasa has become my most used computer program.

No comments: