Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Gadget Thingy

My photos on this site are typically taken with my Canon PowerShot SD300 digital camera. The SD300, like many digital gadgets today uses a memory card to store the photos, and the type for my camera is a SD chip. SD chips seem to be the most common and affordable, one of the reasons I chose this camera, yet a common issue with digital cameras is getting the photos onto the computer. You can use the cable, but since there are a 1/2 dozen types a friends cord won't work on your camera if you leave yours behind and wanted to share your shots. To solve this I have a couple of card readers, one pocket size that only reads my SD chip so I can just slip the chip in the reader and plug it into my computer, if I keep the reader with me that is. Now SanDisk has a neato solution, a chip with a built-on USB tab that will plug into a USB port without the need for cable or adaptor! Though not world changing, this little chip can save my wife time checking my pockets before she washes my jeans. (BTW, I have washed & dried my USB/SD chip reader 3 times and it still works!)

No comments: