Sunday, November 26, 2006

Wii's, Ipods, and Zunes OH MY!

It's Christmas time in the city, and the gift idea marketing machine is working overtime. Last week it was the Playstation 3 mayham, then over the weekend it was Wii mania, and now Bill Gates is out with the new Microsoft Zune media player with visions of replacing the Ipod dancing in his head.

Microsofts new tech toy, the Zune is hitting store shelves. It is touted to be the portable music player to put a real hurt on Ipod sales. My good source Mike Elgan is not painting a pretty picture for the Zune. Based on reviews the Zune has some ground to make up if it plans on beating the popularity of the Ipod.

I am no expert on the subject, and have never personally owned an Ipod, but I have had my hands on one, and have had to troubleshoot the little suckers a time or two, getting them to connect to that old reliable Windows sytem. Reading lots of hopes and dreams that have been posted on the Zune it has the promise to be quite the little music machine, with built-in wireless that allows users to share music while on the go I have to admit sounds like a winner, and I was going to hold my breath before adding one to my Holiday wish list. Now that the word is out I am taking a big breath and re-thinking a purchase of a Ipod, something I should have done a while back.

No comments: