Thursday, April 13, 2006

Firefox Browser Plug

After sitting on the fence for a while, this ad took me over the edge and it is time to post my fancy for the Firefox web browser.

Firefox is not for everyone, and making the change might take some patience, as you might need to install some plug-in's, and get the new browser familiar with some of the site you visit, though once you do, you won't go back to Internet Exploder. In simple english, Firefox is an alternative to the blue lowercase "e" you click on to visit websites. My favorite feature of the the Firefox web browser tabbed browsing. By opening new pages on a new tab, similar to a filing cabinet, you can have more than one page open and click on the tabs to swap from news to web mail, and back to your web search results, without loosing your space, or trying to layer windows. Some sites still don't work well with Firefox so I added an extension that allows me to open a page using exploder, but embeded within a firefox tab so I still don't miss a beat. There are tons of add-on extensions that can help you get more value for your internet service experience. One plug-in I found handy is a right-click blogger menu that allows me to post a blog entry about a page I may be reading and submit it immediately to my blog. Some prior posts have been started in this way and it saves me the trouble of copy-pasting the links to my posts. Since using firefox, I rarely get pop-ups and my scans for spyware & adware come up clean or cleaner than ever before. Get it here!

No comments: