Saturday, April 15, 2006

Starbucks SUX

Rarely to I get my coffee fix from Starbucks, the liberal sayings on the cups aside, they just don't get it. I don't want to know the fancy vocabulary to get my caffine liquified and down my neck. On occiasion I get a gift card that makes it a neccessary evil to walk into hipocrocy coffee. One such afternoon I waltzed into the Beaverton location to use up a $1.05 credit left on a gift card, and ordered a drink.



Needing sweetening I proceeded to the condiment bar to add some sugar. With a choice of several artificial chemical sweeteners, and some "natural" brown sugar, I finally located the paper packets of the white devil in a bin, and ripped open a 1/2 dozen or so to get the calories into my drink. After discarding what was a large quantity of paper scraps left over, I noticed right above in a display, how Starbucks is saving the rain forrest and would like my help. What I really wanted to know, is why couldn't they have a jar of sugar like the resturant down the road, and save the waste basket a tree's worth of paper from these annoying sugar packets! And don't get me started on the little wood stir sticks. Rather than waste another tree filling out a comment card located next to the "save the planet" propaganda, I decided to write this blog post. It will likely get me more attention than Starbucks has for me.

2 comments:

WBbenny said...

My daily fix is a drive thru at Dutch Brothers cofee. They are a west coast chain growing fast. I get what would be $3.95 starbucks drink for $2.75 without the politics and new age attitude.

BxCapricorn said...

I just discovered your blog and enjoy your straight viewpoints. It's not about coffee. It's about liberals / conservatives / whatevers, making believe they are better than you are through the use of catch phrases, talking bullet points, staying on message, and all that misdirection.