Friday, January 20, 2006

I'm lovin' it


If Jared can do it, I can do it! An earlier post I aluded to the fact that my 30 something shape has changed and not for the better. This summer I would joke about how I spent my lunch hour, sitting in the McDonald's right next to the local fitness club that many of my older co-workers frequent. While stuffing my neck with a quarter pounder, my fellow office mates were entering the gym right across the parking lot. One day it hit me, the new menu has some tasty looking and low calorie items so why not change from a QP to a yougurt parfait? On my 3rd week of the MD diet and I'm lovin'it! The fruit'n yogurt parfait is only 160 calories, and with a light lemonade that adds only 5 more and I can get through my day. If my appitite is larger, the fruit & walunt salad was great and actually filled me up! If a sandwitch is more your style, just get a fish or griled chicken but hold the big glob of mayo and you can still keep it under 400 calories but always hold the french frys. Thats the biggest challenge! 3 weeks without a single MD fry is crazy. Your thinking that the stupidest thing you have heard of yet, you'll eat crow when I am on TV as the Jared of the golden arches! The play-place is really a workout too, but I'm going to kill those little brats if they don't stop throwing balls at me while I am trying to do the back stroke! Should I get fatter first for dramatic effect?
McDonald's USA - McDonald's Nutrition Facts

No comments: