Tuesday, May 23, 2006

IT Phone Home

If you are like me, you are fed up with paying for your land-line phone, your TV programming, your internet connection, and your cell-phone service. Mike posted a neat gadget on his blog that could help wean you off your land line phone. This device will connect your existing land-line phone to your broadband internet connection thus using the free Skype service to make calls to any landline phone. You can then make calls to anywhere in the US and Canada free through the end of this year, or buy credits to make low cost international calls. I have tried Skype using my headset through my computer, and the sound quality is good if you can handle a slight audio delay, what do you expect for FREE! I am tempted to order this little device.

2 comments:

Scott said...

Ben, Have you seen the Netgear WiFi Skype Phone? Its being released in July - basically a mobile phone for hotspots. I am thinking it might be nice for hotels, airports, Starbucks, etc.

WBbenny said...

I did notice it, but havn't read in detail, my only complaint about using hotspots is half are FREE, and then where you need it they charge.. Tired of getting charged to see advertising constantly... like cable TV, 10 minutes of commercials for every 20 minutes of programming and you pay for every bit!